Colosseum Underground and Ancient Rome Semi-Private Tour MAX 6 PEOPLE GUARANTEED
Relive the glory of Ancient Rome on this 3 hour truly small-group tour, led by an expert and professional guide. We limit our small groups to ONLY 6 people, ensuring a semi-private experience and a friendly environment to interact with your guide! Skip the long lines and enjoy an Access-All-Areas tour of Rome’s mighty Colosseum, including parts usually restricted to visitors with a regular ticket. In this tour, you will be able to explore the subterranean underground chambers of the Colosseum, where the wild animals were held and the gladiator prepared before battle. You will also stand in the very area where the bloody gladiator battles once took place and saw unparalleled views: the Arena floor. As you stand there and see the same view the gladiators once saw, imagine hearing the roar of the crowds that must have welcomed them. Then, climb up the gorgeous Palatine Hill for breathtaking views, and descend into the Roman Forum, which you will explore thoroughly with your expert guide.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
In this awe-inspiring tour you will explore the incredible underbelly of the colosseum, navigating through and exploring its cells, elaborate elevator systems and underground water conduits! Then, walk onto the Arena and see the Colosseum from the same perspective as the gladiators themselves! Imagine hearing the roar of the giant crowds that the gladiators heard as they prepared for battle and learn all about the various types of festivities and games the roman enjoyed! Finally, climb up the first tier and gasp at picture perfect views of this incredible amphitheater. This tour grants exclusive access to the must see restricted areas of the underground and arena, so be sure not to miss out and book in advance!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
Explore the incredible ruins of the vast valley of the Roman Forum, the social, commercial and political centre of Ancient Rome! See the beautiful remains of the Imperial Villas on the Palatine Hill, and enjoy the gorgeous views of the valley of the Roman Forum from the top. Then, climb down to walk on the very streets the Roman used, seeing highlights such as the temple to the Vestal Virgins, the Basilica di Massenzio, the Roman Senate, and the memorial to Julius Caesar, amongst many more.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
Inclusive in your exploration of the Roman Forum, is a wonderful climb up the wonders of the Palatine Hill. Here you will marvel at some of the most grandiose imperial villas the romans ever built, and learn all about how to emperors lived in their gigantic palaces.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Tour in a Safe and Small Group of MAX 6 PEOPLE GUARANTEED!
- Climb down inside the Underground and walk onto the Arena of the Colosseum
- Enjoy a friendly and professional Local Expert Guide
- Skip the long lines!
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- IMPORTANT: All names provided at time of booking MUST MATCH a valid piece of ID for each traveler. Failure to input correct names will result in a loss of the tour as per current Colosseum regulations.
- Children and youth must be accompanied by an adult
- Proof-of-age for teenagers under 18 years is required
- Please note: large bags, backpacks and suitcases are not permitted in the Colosseum and Roman Forum. Only small bags are allowed. Glass bottles and containers are also not allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the Colosseum
- Due to extreme weather conditions, the Colosseum Administration may limit access to some or all of the restricted areas (Colosseum, Arena Level and Third Tier), to ensure security of its visitors. No refund will be granted on these rare occasions
- UNDERGROUND AND ARENA: The access to the restricted areas of the Colosseum (Underground and Arena) may be shared among other participants in the our exclusive entry slot. At times, for safety reasons, logistics and traffic control, the group may be led by one guide. This choice is at the complete discretion of the Colosseum's administration and security policy of that day in accordance to adequate safety measures. Please be aware that this is only for 30/40 minutes of the total duration of the tour. Our max 6 people policy is guaranteed for the remainder of the duration of the tour.
- GENERAL ENTRY:Please note that for safety reasons the Colosseum can accommodate up to 3000 people at once. This could lead to delays in access to the site, even for pre-booked visitors. Please be on time!
- English Language Only
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- This tour operates within current local COVID-19 protocol. We are not responsible for any persons who do not adhere to regulations, and in said circumstances will result in loss of the tour without refund.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Tours & Sightseeing
Private Sightseeing Tours
Half Day Tours
Checkout these other experiences on Plan Harmony