The Cu Chi tunnels in Ho Chi Minh city
In order to be protected from French occupation in the 1940s, Communist guerrilla troops known as Viet Cong dug tens thousands of miles of tunnels with their bare hands and simple tools and further expanded during the American War in the 1960s. Located 75 kilometres northwest of Ho Chi Minh city, the Cu Chi tunnels are an elaborate underground network made up of 250 km of tunnels and chambers in the town of Cu Chi. This huge network underground tunnels in Viet Nam which has been preserved by the Viet Nam government and has become a popular tourist attraction.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cu Chi Tunnels, Phu Hiep TL15 Phu Hiep, Ho Chi Minh City 700000 Vietnam
• Watch a 3D movie about the largest American ground operation of the Vietnam War.
• Discover the complex underground tunnel system and how it worked in the war by the Viet Cong as well as their life in the tunnels between 1961 and 1972.
• Try a tiny hiding entrance in the tunnel and see how the locals used to move around.
• Spend time exploring the maze of tunnels with countless trap doors, storage facilities, weapons factories, field hospitals, command centers, kitchens, and more.
• Explore the forest and watch a documentary on the strategic system of the Cu Chi Tunnels.
• Crawl into the tunnel and discover a real world under the tunnel.
• Give it a try to fire an M16 rifle at the shooting site (payment is required).
• Enjoy the most popular food during war days at Cu Chi tunnels – the cassava.
Duration: 2 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.
Culture Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises Tours & Sightseeing Private and Luxury Bus Tours Cultural Tours Historical Tours Half-day Tours