Adventure Dubrovnik - Sea Kayaking and Snorkeling Tour
Paddle with-in a stone's throw of Dubrovnik’s towering city walls on a kayak tour from the UNESCO-listed ‘Pearl of the Adriatic.’ Learn about the areas history as you kayak near the island of Lokrum, then return to the Dubrovnik mainland for a refreshing swim or snorkel at a popular beach cave.
Our 2.5-hour tour (~4.5km) is suitable for beginners with more moderate fitness. We provide short historical narratives & stop near Lokrum Island, one beach-cave, and other sites of interest.
Kayak experience not necessary. Book a sunset tour and finish with a glass of wine. All tours allow free-time for snorkeling. Prior to booking it is extremely important that all guests read the "Additional information" section of this listing.
-Set off below the Old Town, where looking up at the imposing medieval walls you’ll have the chance to take photos and learn their centuries old history.
-We'll make our way to the seas near Lokrum island. As we paddle by the lushly wooded isle, discover the roots of its age-old curse and hear tales of the island’s remarkable inhabitants.
-Amidst towering rocks and translucent blue-green waters and hear the echo of Lokrum island’s secrets..
-Visit a popular beach cave on the mainland, only reachable by sea. Disembark and take harbor on its pebble cove, sunbathe, swim or snorkel through crystal waters. Refuel with a snack.
-Continue back towards the Old Town. Learn the fascinating history of Europe’s first quarantine zone.
-On final approach Pile Bay, you’ll be treated to spectacular sky-meets-sea views of the Old Town ahead. Take photos and bask in your unique seafarer’s perspective of the city.
• Old Town, Dubrovnik Croatia
- Use of kayak, paddles, life vests (child sizes available) and snorkel equipment
- Bottled water - 0.5L Bottle of water
- Waterproof barrels for personal belongings
- Glass of wine (Sunset Tour only)
- Visit to the Betina beach-cave (May be busy during the high season)
- Snacks - Fresh fruit (usually 1 apple & 2 bananas)
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Wear a swimsuit, flipflops or waters shoes (rocky beaches), and bring a towel, sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
- An outdoor shower is available on site
- Minimum age is 12 years old
- Travelers under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- Minimum age is 18 years old to consume alcoholic drinks
- Subject to favorable weather and/or sea conditions. Tour time and/or route may vary, if canceled due to poor weather and/or sea conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative tour date or full refund
- 2-seater kayaks are provided by default. Individual travelers without partners are paired up with other individuals. If a pairing cannot be made, the individual without a partner will be assigned to a single kayak.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The tour route is ~4.5km in length.
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your posted tour time. Late arrivals will not be refunded.
- Please DO NOT go to the beach! Even if you are late!
- Please DO NOT approach the orange umbrella! That is NOT our company.
- We serve a fresh fruit snack (usually an apple and 2 bananas)
- Basic ability to swim is required. This is mandatory. Please do not book if you cannot swim.
- The beach-cave can be extremely crowded in the high season months. This is out of our control. Please do not book this tour if crowds are an issue for you.
- Please handle our equipment with care. Guests will be charged for any equipment they damage through negligence.
- It is extremely important that guests notify us of any disabilities that could potentially interfere with the tour or potentially endanger the guest.
- Please only book the tour if you are certain you will be able to complete it. In the event a guest is unable to complete the tour and transport must be booked, the guest will be charged the full amount of the transport.
- All financial charge disputes must be logged within 7 business days following the scheduled tour date.
- This tour is currently ONLY available in English. For guest safety and enjoyment, all guests MUST speak and understand English at a conversational level. Guests who do not speak and understand English may be turned away. No refund will be given if this happens in the final 24 hours.
- No storage facility or locker onsite, everything goes on the kayak with you in a shared 50L barrel. Please bring -only what you absolutely need.
- There are no toilets onsite or along the tour route. Please use the toilet prior to arrival for check-in.
- Weight restrictions apply. Total weight allowance for occupants of a 2-person kayak is 270kg/595lbs.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers who are prone to sea sickness. Sea sick travelers will not be refunded.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- All guides on staff have been vaccinated or have COVID-19 antibodies. Staff are subjected to PCR tests both randomly and as needed.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.
Checkout these other experiences on Plan Harmony