Winter kayaking & fika tour among islands of Stockolm Archipelago
Discover archipelago by kayak with us! Escape the big city and enjoy wonderful seaside landscapes, only 30 min drive from Stockholm. Winter kayak tour around Vaxholm is a memorable and purely magical experience. Vaxholm is known as a capital of archipelago and kayaking is the best way to explore this wonderful place. Paddling is possible almost all year round. The archipelago is very lively in summer however during autumn and winter you will experience luxury of having it all to yourself.
Area around Vaxholm is among the most beautiful places to paddle. Admire amazing swedish nature and local architecture along the way and listen to local stories. We will enjoy the fresh, clear air and the view over archipelago that goes in pale tones. The silence will be broken only by the splash of water from paddles. Soak up the scenic winter views and feel immersed in the tranquility, despite being just 30 minutes from Stockholm. We provide drysuit and warm drinks during kayaking tour.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vaxholm Fortress, KASTELLET 1, 185 99 Vaxholm, Sweden
Vaxholm Fortress (Vaxholms fästning) dating back to the 1500s, the Vaxholm Citadel, located between Vaxholm and Rindö, was used to defend Stockholm. Built by King Gustav Vasa.
Stop At: Bogesundslandet naturreservat, Vaxholm Sweden
Bogesundslandet is one of Stockholm's largest nature reserves. Outstanding wildlife, farms with horses, green meadows and old oak trees. Hiking and biking areas with marked trails, golf courses.
Stop At: Norrhamnen, Fiskaregatan 18, 185 32 Vaxholm, Sweden
Norrhammen - traditional fishing cottages located in the north harbour on Vaxholm. Museum and summer cafe. Hembygdsgården known for its homemade cakes and pastries.
Stop At: Ytterby Gruva, Ytterbyvägen 63-65, 185 94 Vaxholm, Sweden
Resarö Island and Ytterby Mine - the only place in the world with four elements named after it makes the tiny town of Ytterby the periodic table’s most important place in the world.
- Fully equipped sea kayak (paddle, spray skirt, life vest)
- Waterproof bag
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Dry suit (standard adult sizes XS to XL), Boots (standard sizes from 36 - 46), Gloves, Rainhat
- Pickup from hotel
- You should wear your warm underwear and warm clothes under the dry suit
- You should wear warm wool socks, warm hat and gloves
- You should bring change of clothes in case you get a bit wet or sweaty
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Good physical condition and ability to swim
- Minimum height: 1.50 m Maximum height: 1.95 m Maximum weight: 110 kg
- Age: 16 years+ (families with younger kids can book our priv family friendly tours)
- Most travelers can participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
Tours & Sightseeing
Checkout these other experiences on Plan Harmony