Yanaka Historical Walking Tour in Tokyo's Old Town
-Feel the Shinto vibe as you cross a vibrant red arch in Nezu Shrine, a portal into another world.
We'll head for Nezu shrine, one of the oldest shrines in Tokyo. While your guide shares Japanese cultural and historical tidbits, we'll take great photos in and around the tunnel.
-Sample a variety of local food selections as you take a stroll around Yanaka Ginza and find yourself in a cozy house that serves Soba lunch.
You can pop into small places like antique stores and sweets shops.
- Dive into the local lifestyle! Stroll the backstreets of a quiet local area.
After visiting the famous Himalayan Cedar tree, we'll visit Yanaka Ginza, a long local shopping street which represents the flavors of Tokyo's old neighborhoods.
Magical Trip is a local tour operator with the TripAdvisor certificate of excellence that offers various types of small-group tours throughout Japan! Check out our Trip Advisor Page for more tours and our reviews!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Yanaka Ginza Shopping Street, Yanaka, Taito 110-0001 Tokyo Prefecture
A shopping street which has a nostalgic atmosphere. We will sample some street foods.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Yanaka Cemetery, 7-5-24, Yanaka, Taito 110-0001 Tokyo Prefecture
Get insights into Japanese cemetery while strolling through Yanaka Cemetery, one of biggest cemeteries in Tokyo.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Nezu Shrine, 1-28-9, Nezu, Bunkyo 113-0031 Tokyo Prefecture
You'll see the continuous Torii gates, which reminds you of the Fushimi Inari Shrine in Kyoto.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Nezu Museum, 6-5-1 Minamiaoyama, Minato 107-0062 Tokyo Prefecture
Pass by Nezu Museum
Stop At: Yanaka District, Yanaka, Taito 110-0001 Tokyo Prefecture
See around Yanaka area and have a traditional Japanese lunch.
Duration: 1 hour
- Lunch - Japanese dish from our selections
- Food samplings (Various types of local snacks and sweets)
- Tour photos
- 2.5 hours with a local guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- limit number of participants up to 9 people
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.
Food & Drink
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
Private And Luxury
Street Food Tours
Checkout these other experiences on Plan Harmony